Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Nothing much to report around here

Well TS Edouard has come and gone without really leaving any marks. We did get a good bit of much needed rain but there really wasn't much damage around here. The folks to the east of us may have a different story though as the storms effects were most felt just west of the state border.

My only complaint about the coverage and response is that there were very credible sources who said 36 hours ago, that the storm would fall where it did with tropical storm intensity. Yet the weather channel had the storm hitting Galveston right up until it came ashore somewhere else. I have questions about motives of course but I guess its better to be prepared than not.

Jules and I pretty much have a routine as far as preparations go. Its based on a handfull of factors that don't have much to do with any one news agency. I think we've found that its best to get varied reports in attempt to put together our own "forecast". So far. so good.

This will be my last post here until we see another chance for severe weather here on the gulf coast. One of us will resend the link to the blog when that happens. Good night all!

No comments: