Friday, September 12, 2008

Extremely heavy winds, I've never seen green lightning before



I would definitely say the first part of the storm is here. I have all of the windows boarded up and I can still hear the 'train' outside. I was out a few minutes ago and the trees are really bending to the winds. I would estimate somewhere in the 40+ mph range. There was also some light rain. The air smells like the gulf of Mexico.


The kids and my mom are sleeping soundly. Jules and I are getting power naps throughout the night. The rough stuff is supposed to happen around 2:00ish. I'll do my best with pics.


I'm planning on watching the sunrise.


More updates soon!


1 comment:

David Cano said...

Teri and I are still up. Kids are blissfully asleep. We'll be up for awhile. Haven't lost power but have had blips.

Take care!!