Friday, September 12, 2008

Winds Picking Up

Weather report: Its really windy. I would say sustained winds of 15 with gusts of 20-25 MPH. We got a little light rain earlier. Its been so dry here that Jules thought she heard the yard give a sigh of relief. Oh and its freakin hot!!! Other than that, nothing remarkable to report.

I finished putting up our plywood shutters about an hour ago. All I can say is, this better be one hell of a storm or I wasted a lot of effort! I'm definitely investing in some better hardware for the plywood shutters. It should only take about an hour to put up shutters. Took me four!

Aidan and I just did a quick bike ride around the neighborhood. I would estimate that 1/4 of the people in Jersey Village have evacuated.

My mom decided to ride out the storm with us and she arrived a little while ago. She is a reservationist at Continental and she said the phones were insane this morning. Consequently, she is asleep upstairs :)

1 comment:

Angie said...

I'm sorry your having to batton down the hatches. but.... It's so nice to see the family. Keep up the blog. I like keeping track of you. Also, I'm glad your mom came over. I talked to her this morning and at that time she wasn't sure.

Angie